Payment Processing Certificate use

Hi, I am confused about this certificate as no guides have installed it onto their servers or talk about what it does exactly. They just use the term 'merchant certificate' which i assume is the merchantid one. I have signed two certificates and uploaded to my apple developer portal. Do we need to be able to use the apple_pay.cer in order to decrypt the token after authorization? Or do we use the merchant_id.cer for decryption. Also do I need to install it to mmc? please confirm, thank you.

Replies

I am also in the integration process of apple pay on my website. I used the payment processing certificate (serverside) to decrypt the PaymentToken, which you get from ApplePay JS after authorization.

PaymentToken: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/PassKit/Reference/PaymentTokenJSON/PaymentTokenJSON.html

Best regards

Shahir

We are using a third party gateway company what should I do with this CERT? They are saying they do not need the CERT from Apple. We just pass the token to them for processing. Not sure what's the purpose of it if we do not even have to install it...