MacBook Pro 2018 Screen Brightness Missing (cloudy images)

Mojave Build 18A3336a Beta 4

No Brighness Control whatsoever unless the App 'Brightness Slider' is installed (third party). This results in cloudy or hazy dimming at lower levels. Screen dims and everything gloes cloudy white with the 3rd pary app and the MacOS pointer stays bright white, resulting in an odd looking environment.

Replies

I had this issue as well. Downgraded to High Sierra 10.13.6 until the next beta (hopefully) fixes it.

Yes, I've been loath to downgrade. Haven't figured out how to safely do this. I have a time machine back up of Mojave only and Time Machine does not work effectively with Mojave Beta 4, does not bring User Home Folder over. Did a Target Disc Transfer from my previous MacBook Pro to the 2018 Model and that worked perfectly. If they do not fix InDesign CC which crashes I may have to downgrade to High Sierra - fingers crossed.

Yes, Adobe fixed their issues in Indesign and InCopy already using the following: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/crash-on-launch-macOS-mojave-beta.html.

When Mojave launches next month to the public I presume Adobe will be releasing 2019 version of all their products for full Mojave compatibility.

The brightness issue is horrible. Most betas have lots of issues and love getting to provide feedback to companies on the issues and test out new features, but this is the first time when so many core issues are broken. I've been using the beta including beta 4 on other devices without any significant problems so upgraded the 2018 MBP and it seems the T2 chip is having significant issues where as noted 0 control over native brightness, the screen flashes white occaisonally (like when taking a photo in photobooth), no siri, when battery dies screen goes black and when you plug in the power the computer goes back on but screen stays black ( you have to toggle plugging in unplugging open closing screen and other dancing around to get it to come back on, sms text message forwarding doesnt seem to be working, among other items that are controlled by t2. And so far no update for the thermal issue for non high sierra customers.

I've been contemplating downgrading to high sierra, how tomorrow is friday and and then after the weekend only have to way 2 days until beta 5 on Tuesday which hopefully will fix the t2 and those related issues. If it doesn't I and I imagine most will be downgrading back since certainly couldnt deal with full brightness for another 2 weeks.

Fixed in Beta 5.

Yes, check first thing this morning. It's great to have brightness control back !