iPhone X screen not waking

So since my iPhone updated to 12.3 Beta my screen is not waking. This started after 12.3 was loaded overnight on Thursday. I am able to complete a Forced Reset. That seems to be the only temporary fix. But it keeps haopening overnight.

Replies

Can confirm that this is an intermittent issue with my iPhone X as well. The phone seems to be on, but the display stays off no matter how many times I press the sleep/wake button. Haptic feedback is present though, when trying to initiate the SOS/turn off phone slider with the sleep + volume button combination.

Same here. I even restarted it by guessing if the slide to turn off was coming up and once restarted it goes straight to shutting off the screen.

Hope they come out with beta 4 ASAP

I had the same problem but it seems to me that the problem is related to ambient light, at least for me.

I updated to latest beta yesterday evening. Later, as I always do before going to bed I tried to awake my iPhone X in order to set the alarms. I was in complete dark. Then I moved to another romm with some light and I was one again able to awake the screen. I came back to my bedroom and once more I could not awake the screen.

Anyone else noticing it?

This has been happening several times a day... thanks for the insight. I've disabled auto-brightness in display accomodations, lets see if it helps it not stay dark.

I've had this happen to me too a couple times. The first time was about a week ago, and I was also on 12 beta 3. It was also dark in the room; it was 3am and was trying to check my phone and then freaked out that it wasn't turning on, and used the wrong combination to force restart the phone and ended up **** dialing 911, oops. And couldn't even see the screen to disable the Emergency SOS and then magically the screen came back on for a split second so I could press the end call button. Then I looked up how to force restart it and properly restarted it, and the screen came back on, but after the screen turned off, it again had the issue so I just went to sleep. In the morning, the screen was turning on with no problem, and I couldn't figure out why it suddenly started working again. I updated the phone to 12 beta 4 to see if that would help the problem. Now I just got the same problem again, and I'm in a dark room again. I restarted the phone in a well lit area and then it was able to sleep and wake like normal, but when I went back to the dark room, the screen wouldn't turn on again after sleeping, and I had to force restart it again. Definitely related to the ambient light as others have suggested. I'm currently updating to beta 5 to see if this one finally fixes the issue.