Can I publish separately a free and paid version of the one same IOS application?

Hello!
Can I publish separately a free and paid version of the one same IOS application?
Regards,
Vera.

Accepted Reply

The old approach was a free 'lite' app and a 'full' paid app with the full paid app having additional features. Many years ago people converted to the freemium model. In that model there is only one app and it is free. It starts as the 'lite' version. It can be upgraded to the 'full' version with those additional features if you purchase an IAP upgrade.

That said, yes - you may publish 2 versions of an app, one free and one with added features that is not free.

Replies

If it is the exactly the same application, I think this will be refused.

But, if it is the same, why would someone choose the paid one ?

So I understand the paid one has features that are not activated in free one ?

Did you also look at free trial capability ?

h ttps://www.macrumors.com/2018/06/05/app-store-app-free-trials-now-available/

So, why not use IAP to upgrade to full version from the free one ? Or have two different apps, one labeled free ; you should then detail what are the added features of the paid one.

Claude31,

thanks for the answer.

If there are some different functions, but the graphics are similar, can I put both applications?

And where should I indicate that there is a difference from another version? Should I link to the second version or what should I do?

Answer please.

In the Appps Store I saw a lot of sellers who host the same applications (paid and free), also on the developers' forums many people advise placing both versions ...

The old approach was a free 'lite' app and a 'full' paid app with the full paid app having additional features. Many years ago people converted to the freemium model. In that model there is only one app and it is free. It starts as the 'lite' version. It can be upgraded to the 'full' version with those additional features if you purchase an IAP upgrade.

That said, yes - you may publish 2 versions of an app, one free and one with added features that is not free.