Homekit 11.4.1 terminating connection with accessories

After updating my iphone se to 11.4.1 I'm finding that HomeKit is disconnecting and showing "No Response" for all accessories after running properly for a few hours. To recover I need to disconnect and reconnect the iphone's wifi. I assume this triggers HomeKit to reconnect to the accessories.

This worked fine on previous versions of ios including / up to 11.4.0, connections would stay active for days at a time without issue.

When investigating I find that HomeKit appears to drop what was previously a long running connection, and does not attempt to reconnect on it's own (it needs a wifi reconnect to trigger it). Restarting / power cycling the accessory does not reinitiate the connection.

Is this a known issue and is there a estimate for when it will be repaired? Is there a workaround? The wifi reconnect works but this isn't useful for long running for automation.

Replies

Yes +1. definitly a bug occuring since updating to 11.4.1. a havenno workaround til now. The connecting will resume randomly. Pretty anoying.

It appears to be fixed in 12.0, it's gone more than a few hours now without a disconnect.