7 Replies
      Latest reply on Aug 15, 2018 4:56 AM by m8
      jwojda Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I've noticed since beta one on the ATV4k  that the audio has stearted curtting out regularly for about 3 seconds and about every 10-15 minutes. It started out being once in a while, now it's regularly across all streaming apps (netflix, amazon, disneynow, nickjr, plex). 

Submitted a bug report on it awhile ago, haven't heard anything back.

• Re: Audio cuts out frequently
          m8 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Yes, I have submitted many reports about this to Apple. Please address, this was introduced just after the first TVOS12 beta.

msnow Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

I have too. See post right below this one. the audio drops are a little longer in the current beta but I see they now have it designated as a bug in the Release Notes. For anyone else posting, it helps to paste your bug report number in the posts. It gets more attention from the devs.

Edit:  issue appears to be fixed with beta 5.

thenewera Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Been having this exact problem, audio cuts out randomly for about 1-2-3 seconds.

Another related issue is that I see radom flickers of choppy green pixels on the screen.

Overall I have no idea what to do to avoid this problem.

My old non-4k Apple TV works flawlessly, the new one is nothing but headaches.

daremo Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

In theory according to the release NOTES:

Playback

Resolved Issues

• Intermittent audio signal drops can occur during video playback. (39875267)

• Some video content might display brief periods of full-screen visual artifacts. (41191464)

jwojda Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

looks like mine was fixed after I updated to the current beta.

scott512 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

So far, mine as well.  I wish  would credit me for the 6 moveis we watched in agony with those audio cutouts

I have tested 4-5 apps so far on new beta and it appears fixed.  Last will be Apple Movies...

m8 Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

Remember it's a Beta so its use at one's own risk but I can say that if you were to contact iTunes support they will generally refund when you ask politely and explain your position even after the fact. But I had the same experience for two weeks before this was fixed and realized wholly that this is just what it is.