Dictation not working

Both Mac's native dictation and dragon dictation have stopped working in betas 3 and 4. The native dictation only breaks when enhanced dictation is on. Siri still works though. I have tried the internal mic, my Bluetooth headphones, and a usb mic with no luck. I also deleted the English enhanced dictation pack and reinstalled, again no luck. Anyone having the same problem or have suggestions?

Accepted Reply

Fixed in beta 5!

Replies

Same here with MBP 2017, OS 10.14 beta 4. No dictation no Siri!

1. Me too. I updated my iPad to IOS12.0 and dictation works there. I's too scare to upgrade my iPhone X to new IOS. Siri doesn't work on my iMac with beta Mojave as well.

2. Just as we are on the topic, I find that Dictation on iPad works better than on iMac on high Sierra and other OS in the past, but on iMac, I have the luxury of using keyboard and mouse instead of my fat fingers, which makes editing much easier on iMac than on iPad.

3. When use enhance dictation, it repeats same mistake over and over again that I though the system much have learned spelling from the first time it wrote the words. I wish there could be a way so I can go into the database and correct them.

4. I mostly use dictation in Thai language, which is workable, and it seems to have gotten better.

5. However, Thai dictation disappear from iMac in about 3-4 pass OS upgrade, and I cannot find a way to retrieve it.

Thanks for reading, Yotsiri

Siri has now quit working as well. The box in the upper right shows up but its just gray without the colorful line.

Same here Macbook pro 15" 2018

Fixed in beta 5!