Handoff half works

DB4. iPhone X.

Handoff works from iphone to Mac or other device - not other way. Personal Hotspot doesnt seem to appear automatically in wifi settings of other devices.

Any ideas?

Replies

I had a longstanding problem with Mac->iOS handoff which I eventually discovered was because I was using automatic signing in Xcode for the Mac target. Long story short, this means that the `com.apple.developer.team-identifier` entitlement wasn't being set and that prevents Handoff from working. Xcode does set that entitlement for iOS apps with automatic signing, which is why it works iOS -> Mac.

I've no idea if this is your problem or not. I found it from a 2015 blog post. I'll post a link in another reply (because it's going to get moderated and delayed). But if you Google "troubleshooting handoff giorgiocalderolla" you should find it. Step 5 is the issue I had.

I changed the Xcode project settings to use manual signing. I also had to create/update provisioning profiles for my Mac app in the Developer Portal. After doing this, when I run this command on the debug build I saw the team-identifier entitlement:

codesign -dvv --entitlements - yourapp.app

When it gets past moderation, here's the blog post link: https://giorgiocalderolla.com/troubleshooting-handoff.html