"Installation failed, An error occurred while installing the selected updates."

I was having a problem when trying to install the third macOS Mojave public beta in the System Preferences. When I click the "Update Now" button, a popup comes up saying "Installation failed, An error occurred while installing the selected updates." And I could not install the update. Does anyone know what the problem is and why I couldn't install the update? Thanks.

Replies

Go back to the Apple website and re-download the tool to enroll your Mac in the beta program. Fixed it for me right away.

If there is any measure to remove the catch of the newer version of 10.14? I want to redownload it.

I had this issue going from beta 4 to beta 5 and I first had to restore update defaults from the update dialog and then reinstall the beta access utility as mentioned by Shawn-SEA. Then It worked.

Can you explain the steps for "restore update defaults from the update dialog"?

I think what he means is: open preferences and go to Software Update. Once the update window is open, in the left, you can see "This mac is enrolled in the Apple Beta Software Programme" and just below, you'll see Details... click on it and you'll have the option of Restore update defaults.

I've just done it and it's working at the moment

Thank you so much, I didn't know that option was there.

Worked perfectly!

Thank you so much! working for me🙂

Hi there, this process erase my current storage data? thanks in advance