Xcode 10 beta4 build app extension - compile error

CopySwiftLibs /Users/admin/Project/MoneyMaster/MoneyMaster/../lib/Debug-iphoneos/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension.appex (in target: moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension)

cd /Users/admin/Project/MoneyMaster/MoneyMaster

export CODESIGN_ALLOCATE=/Applications/Xcode-beta4.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/codesign_allocate

export DEVELOPER_DIR=/Applications/Xcode-beta4.app/Contents/Developer

export SDKROOT=/Applications/Xcode-beta4.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS12.0.sdk

builtin-swiftStdLibTool --copy --verbose --sign 0FD8F604E6B20E867629FB80581C9572B338A88F --scan-executable /Users/admin/Project/MoneyMaster/lib/Debug-iphoneos/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension.appex/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension --scan-folder /Users/admin/Project/MoneyMaster/MoneyMaster/../lib/Debug-iphoneos/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension.appex/Frameworks --scan-folder /Users/admin/Project/MoneyMaster/MoneyMaster/../lib/Debug-iphoneos/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension.appex/PlugIns --platform iphoneos --toolchain /Applications/Xcode-beta4.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain --destination /Users/admin/Project/MoneyMaster/MoneyMaster/../lib/Debug-iphoneos/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension.appex/Frameworks --strip-bitcode --resource-destination /Users/admin/Project/MoneyMaster/MoneyMaster/../lib/Debug-iphoneos/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension.appex --resource-library libswiftRemoteMirror.dylib --strip-bitcode-tool /Applications/Xcode-beta4.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/bitcode_strip --emit-dependency-info /Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MoneyMaster-fwhaodiucjzjlqaoxilihbneawag/Build/Intermediates.noindex/MoneyMaster.build/Debug-iphoneos/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension.build/SwiftStdLibToolInputDependencies.dep

Exiting early, found no Swift version in executables.

error: unable to open dependencies file (/Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/MoneyMaster-fwhaodiucjzjlqaoxilihbneawag/Build/Intermediates.noindex/MoneyMaster.build/Debug-iphoneos/moneymasterfree_notificationserviceextension.build/SwiftStdLibToolInputDependencies.dep)

I have remove the /Users/admin/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData sub directory, also got the error!

Replies

+1

Have the same issue.

hi,

i had a very similar error after upgrading from xcode 10 beta 3 to 10 beta 4. cleaning build folder/derivated data did not help.

however a 'pod update' did the job.

i had first to do a 'sudo gem install cocoapods' in order to update cocoapods.

and then it magically worked!i hope this help people with the same issue !

cheers

+1 for

sudo gem install cocoapods

pod update

If that doesn't work remove the Pods directory and Podfile.lock and then install the pods again.

hi,

I have the same issue. But Solved using the following method. i hope this help people with the same issue !

Targets -> bulid settings -> search swift -> bulid options (Always Enbed Swift Standard Libraries) set No

I'm also having the "unable to open dependencies file" error, and neither of the above solutions worked for me 😟

Hi duxy,

Thanks for posting this, as it helped me.

Specifically, I'm using CocoaPods, and setting "Always Embed Swift Standard Libraries" to "No" on the "Pods-<App Name>" target, fixed the issue.

Were you able to figure out? I am having the same issue and neither of the above helped me..

This worked for me after killing the build directory.

The same here. Nothing of the above worked for me.

updated to Xcode beta #6 and it fixed this problem