Crash when tapping "Add People" in UIActivityViewController

I have a file based iOS app and I'm using a UIActivityViewController to present various activities, like printing and copying the file as plain text.

An "Add People" button has started appearing in the share sheet. When I tap it, my app crashes:

*** Assertion failure in -[_UICloudSharingActivity performActivity], /BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/UIKit_Sim/UIKit-3698.54.4/_UICloudSharingActivity.m:195

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: 'Should never be called'

I'd like to supress this button, but I can't find the correct key to assign to UIActivityViewController's excludedActivityTypes. None of the UIActivityType's listed in the header correspond to sharing with other people.

Alternatively, I could just implement whatever is necessary for this to work, but I can't find it documented anywhere what this button even actually does, or what is required of me to make it work.

Replies

Hi,

what kind of data do you share? I've never seen an "Add People" button.

For me, this smells like a bug. I suggest trying to build a simple test app and file a bug report at: Report Bugs

Just a custom XML-based file unique to my application and stored in the documents folder.