In-App purchase and display problems running in TestFlight

Hi there

I’m a bit of a newbie to all of this iPhone development world and was hoping I could get a steer from you guys on a problem that I’m currently experiencing .

I’ve been scouring these forums to see if I can find any similar issues and also any solutions.

I have had an App built by a separate developer and I’m in possession of the original xCode project source. Unfortunately I’m am no longer in contact with the developer as they stole our ip and charged for work that was never done.

We have a current live version of the App on the App Store which functions perfectly.

We have managed to get the project code compiled and uploaded into iTunes connect so it can be sent to people and tested using the ‘TestFlight’ app.

It’s been sent to a couple of people who have iPhones (iPhone 6S running IOS 11.4), however we are experiencing some strange issues:

- excessive whitespace appearing between sections on a page

- The icons for the ‘close’ button are excessively large

- The in-app upgrade goes through the motions of simulating a purchase, but the extra functionality is never unlocked. If you then try again to access the paid content, it says that you need to upgrade to access it.

We have also sent the exact same package to an iPad (1st gen running IOS 10.3.3).

However on the iPad, the excessive whitespace and ‘close’ buttons are functioning perfectly!

Unfortunately though the in-app upgrade still exhibits exactly the same behaviour as above.

What I’m trying to find out is how reliable is testing using the TestFlight app?

Has anyone experienced similar issues to this when using the TestFlight app?

If so can you suggest a best course of action to take so we can validate everything properly without having to risk a live upgrade?

If this is something I have missed that’s already been discussed before please could you point me to the right thread?

Many thanks in advance

Matt