Xcode 9.4 Apple Watch Simulator Will Not Pair with iPhone

I cannot get an Apple Watch to pair with an iPhone in the simulator even when adding a new device and pairing a watch according to these instructions. I can see from the red disconnected icon at the top of the watch that it's not paired even though Xcode thinks it is? When I tap on the Apple Watch App on the iPhone it says device not paired and to do it in Xcode.

Nothing I've tried has been able to fix including a full reinstall of Xcode (however I just trashed the application and not every individual folder). I've also tried deleting derived data as well as everything inside ~/Library/Developer/Xcode/watchOS DeviceSupport and /Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Profiles/Runtimes

I also installed the Xcode 10.3 beta yesterday, but then deleted it. Could this have something to do with it?

Replies

I'm having the same problem - since I installed the Xcode 10 beta... 😟

Me too. It works fine on a real device, but the simulator won't pair. I've tried created new simulators, both iPhone and watch and pairing them, but it won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

Same happened to me after installing Xcode 10 Beta. I then removed Xcode completely (both Xcode 9 as well as Xcode 10 Beta), and then I also deleted the Developer folder in the library, emptied the trash can and then reinstalled Xcode 9. Now the Watch and Phone simulators are paired again...