Mojave Video Card Support

So hopefully we can get some apple input on this...

According to the Beta 3 release notes

"Mac Pro (Late 2013, plus mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with recommended Metal- capable graphics processor, including MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 and Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580)"

So does this mean that these cards can or sometime soon will be supported without an EFI partition in the VGA BIOS? By supported I mean actualy show boot screens and be able to be used when doing updates. I realize most current cards can be used in a cMP with full support, but the screens are blank until the GUI loads or unless you can find a modded BIOS and flash the card. Are we still in the same boat? It would be nice all around since obviously the drivers are in the OS X software to have the card be able to boot properly. Don't get me wrong, I fully understand the need for control over the driver base, and the need for everythign to run as perfectly integrated as possible, so as to not have issues like so many PC's do. But the drivers are already there. How complex can it be to have a section of the boot EFI look for the video card, and if it doesn't find any EFI ones apply a generic base driver until the GUI loads? Being that the kernal is Darwin based, this shouldn't be an issue. it would really be nice for us Mac Pro users to test our apps with different card configurations, then depending on our app, make reccomendations on the type of card that should be used.

Replies

No, the 560 does not show the boot screens. It also does not have audio through hdmi. Supported card my ***. If Apple had any talent left in their ****** company, they would have, oh I don't know, TESTED the cards they say are $*%&ING supported!!!