App development with 2011 MacBook Pro

Can I use MacBook pro 2011 for Xcode last version

AND UPLOAD APPS IN APP STORE?

Accepted Reply

Keep in mind that you are asking in the present tense, as are people responding. Can you use this machine today? Yes. Absolutely. Can you us it in 2 months? Completely different question. The answer is probably no.

If this is a machine you are thinking about purchasing, don't do it.

Replies

As long as you can update to macOS Sierra 10.12.4 or higher (which you should be able to) you should be ok to run Xcode.

For devices that can run macOS Sierra; h ttps://www.macworld.com/article/3121239/macs/which-macs-can-run-macos-sierra.html

I think you need 10.13.4, not 10.12.4

Complete reference here

h ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xcode

If you have enought RAM and diskspace, that should be possible.

See Mac compatibility table:

h ttps://eshop.macsales.com/guides/Mac_OS_X_Compatibility

Keep in mind that you are asking in the present tense, as are people responding. Can you use this machine today? Yes. Absolutely. Can you us it in 2 months? Completely different question. The answer is probably no.

If this is a machine you are thinking about purchasing, don't do it.

I'm the owner of a still running Macbook Pro 2011 and i've been wondering if i should go buy a new one. @John, i'm aware that the new macOS Mojave won't support old MacBook Pro anymore. However, do you know if xCode 10 will allow High Sierra or will strictly require at least Mojave ?

Thanks you

If the past Xcode releases are a good indicator, Xcode 10 will support High Sierra. Then, a later minor release (e.g. Xcode 10.3) will require Mojave.