Managed Applications

One of our customers is a business who is using IBM's MaaS360 MDM solution to install applications. They are reporting that our iOS AppStore app is not installable on any device via their MDM solution (but is otherwise installable on the devices).

Does anyone know whether we (as the app developer) have to do anything to our app to allow our app to be managed over MDM?

We did not design the app with MDM in mind - for example, we do not access the "com.apple.configuration.managed" key from the user defaults, and as far as I can tell, we have not (and cannot) explicitly enabled any kind of MDM-compatibility, in any of the following places that I've looked:

• App Store Connect config
  • Provisioning Profile / AppID flags
  • Additional certificates
  • XCode Project configuration
  • Application code

And I can't find any documentation that states that we as the developer have to do anything.

Note that the customer just wants our AppStore-available app to be pre-installed on all their managed devices, rather than any MDM integration.

Thanks

Replies

If they have their own MDM, they're already using it to install other apps, so why not just give them your app/project directly/outside the store and let them build, provision and install it like the all the others they already control, making it a true managed application on managed devices. Take the store out of the equation all together.