XCode 10 beta 3 not building for simulator with apple watch target

Hi.

Since XCode 10 beta 3, I've got the error below in the ValidateEmbeddedBinary stage.

It only happens when I try to build for simulator. This problem doesn't occur when I build on a device with iOS 12 beta 3.

The target it complains about is the watch binary target vs. the main target. The watch binary (embedded) didn't get any sign stage thus got "Software Signing".

It did work on XCode 10 beta 1 and when using new build system on XCode 9.

Please help. Thanks!

The error is:

error: Embedded binary is not signed with the same certificate as the parent app. Verify the embedded binary target's code sign settings match the parent app's.

Embedded Binary Signing Certificate: Software Signing

Parent App Signing Certificate: - (Ad Hoc Code Signed)

Replies

I am also having this issue. I made both watch extension targets match in their deployment version and i still get the error

I'm also encountering the same issue in Xcode Beta 3 and Beta 4. Doesn't happen in Beta 1 or Beta 2.

Me too, in beta 3 and 4. I am quite desperate right now. I have tried all I have found and all what I have thought of, always the same result.

Same issue with latest Beta 5.

I was able to fix (or rather bypass) the error by setting the Build System to Legacy (via File > Workspace Settings)

Another interesting thing to note is that the signing error would not occurr if I was building to an actual device (i.e. before changing the Build System to Legacy). It would only occurr when building using the simulator and only on Xcode 10 beta 3, 4 and 5.

I have the same issue - setting the Build System to Legacy resolved it

Thanks, useing Legacy Buidl System solved this build error.

I was looking where to find the setting to change Build System. In Xcode 10.0 final you can find it in:

File -> Project Settings... -> Shared Project Settings

Change it from "New Build System (default)" to "Legacy Build System"

I did not have to change it for "Per-User Project Settings"