AR Kit failing to load object

Hi guys, I'm just starting to test the AR Kit (total noob with AR) and Xcode keeps complaining when I open the app. What I basically did was to use the app Apple provides to scan my 3D object (a Mario figurine about 10 inches tall), extracted the .arobject and then load it to a new app where I want to detect it. When I launch my app it says the following:

2018-07-02 23:40:48.708708-0600 TestAR[12290:1659519] [MC] System group container for systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles path is /private/var/containers/Shared/SystemGroup/systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles

2018-07-02 23:40:48.708966-0600 TestAR[12290:1659519] [MC] Reading from public effective user settings.

2018-07-02 23:40:48.736437-0600 TestAR[12290:1659519] [framework] -[CUINamedRecognitionGroup initWithName:contentsFromCatalog:usingRenditionKey:fromTheme:] couldn't find image named 'mario' skipping

This is my entire code:

import UIKit

import ARKit

class ViewController: UIViewController {

@IBOutlet weak var sceneView: ARSCNView!

override func viewDidLoad() {

super.viewDidLoad()

// Do any additional setup after loading the view, typically from a nib.

let configuration = ARWorldTrackingConfiguration()

guard let referenceObjects = ARReferenceObject.referenceObjects(inGroupNamed: "AR Resources", bundle: nil) else {

fatalError("Missing expected asset catalog resources.")

}

configuration.detectionObjects = referenceObjects

// This line is not from Apple, just a test I was doing since there is no delegate declaration to run the renderer method, not sure if it's needed

sceneView.session.delegate = self as? ARSessionDelegate

sceneView.session.run(configuration)

}

func renderer(_ renderer: SCNSceneRenderer, didAdd node: SCNNode, for anchor: ARAnchor) {

if let objectAnchor = anchor as? ARObjectAnchor {

print("Found!")

//node.addChildNode(self.model)

}

}

}

I already checked a thousand times and there is a Mario arboject inside AR Resources folder, and I followed every step from Apple docs. Is this a noob mistake? I'm running the lates Xcode 10 beta 2 and iOS 12

I'll really appreciate any help

Replies

I receive the "couldn't find image named 'mario' skipping" message for various arobjects, and the object still tracks. That probably isn't your issue. If you are using iOS 12 Beta 3, make sure your scan was made from a device running Beta 3 as well. Scans made by earlier builds are incompatible, per the release notes.

Did you find a solution? I have the exact same problem.