Siri Shortcut Added to Siri does not get deleted when deleting the donated INInteraction

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, thanks for all the hard that you've all put up for this. The stability and the innovation speaks for itself.

I am having some trouble in deleting the shortcuts already donated (and added to siri) via `INInteraction.deleteAll` call. The deleted shortcut still shows up under settings>siri. Is this a known bug or is this how it is suppose to work?

Replies

It should work. Test again on beta 3 (released today), and please file a bug if you still see the same issue. Before filing the bug, please reproduce the issue and then capture a sysdiagnose to attach to the bug report.

The same issue occurres when donating shortcuts using `NSUserActivity`. `NSUserActivity.deleteSaveduserActivities` and `NSUserActivity.deleteAllSavedUserActivites` don't delete donations made with `NSUserActivity` (rdar://41630893)

By the way, `NSUserActivity.deleteSaveduserActivities` and `NSUserActivity.deleteAllSavedUserActivites` don't delete voice shortcuts made with `NSUserActivity` (rdar://41631167).

Both radars contain sample code to reproduce the issue (already tested on iOS 12 beta 3)

Seeing this same thing with NSUserActivity - even reset the simulator and they stick around.

HI,

Beta 4

- Deleting all removes from list and does not show under siri->shortcuts

- But it shows on phone lock screen

- Deleting with specific identifier, it does not delete from anywhere, and also it does not give any error

- Even i send wrong identifier, it does not give any error, so seems some problem with method

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/sirikit/ininteraction/1690400-delete

if you get any workaround, let me know!

Thanks

Hiren

This does not work in beta 6 either,

INInteraction.delete always returns success but does nothing.
If someone has a workaround or has successfully deleted please explain.
Thanks

I have the same problem here. When I delete all donated interactions with INInteraction.deleteAll, the shortcuts which do not have a recorded phrase from the user get deleted, but the shortcuts which have a recorded phrase are not deleted.

Did anyone fix this?

Thank you!

Delete with Identifier is not working on public iOS 12 release

Having the same issue. INInteraction.delete(with identifiers: , completion: ) doesn’t seem to actually delete the shortcuts from Settings or Spotlight.