Xcode 8 > 9 now won't build, errors

Built a sticker pack in Xcode 8. Updated to Xcode 9. Opened the file, couldn't find stickers, re-added stickers and now it won't build, still can't find stickers or icons. When I tried to run a build for Simulator it asks which app I want to run. ???? Never did that before. Got all the errors shown in screenshot. Don't even know how to begin fixing this.

Would like to start new (I built another new sticker pack in xcode 9 with no problems) but it would show as a new app in the Store, right? Instead of an update. Previous buyers wouldn't get an update.

2010 MacBook Pro

OSX 10.13.5

Xcode 9.4.1

------- bought a new computer, copied all files over, doing same thing

2018 iMac

OSX 10.13.5

Xcode 9.4.1

Accepted Reply

Replies

Screenshots aren't showing. How do I include screenshots?

Did you do a Clean Build Folder ?

Did option > product > clean build folder. As well as clean. No change.

All sub menus on left are in red. And Identity > choose info.plist file > just gives me Xcode app file itself.

Everything is right there together in the Xcode file folder.

Which submenus in red ? In the leftmost panel with the file list ? Do you mean all file names are red ?

Yes. Here are 3 screenshots. They are here as well.

Okay, no answers. And screenshots dragged here do not appear (although there is a link to the same screenshots that has been verified by Moderator).

Then how do I do a "clean build?" How do I start over but make iTunes Connect see the sticker pack as the next build of the same app? As stated above "Clean Build Folder" does not work.

No reply before because your post was moderated and just showed now !

Seems to me that the stickers file were not found (maybe you have moved them directly in finder ?)

A clean build : go to Product Menu in XCode, option-click and select Clean Build Folder. That could solve the problem.

Otherwise:

Could you right-click on a file in red and ask to show in Finder ?

You may have to recreate a file in XCode and copy stickers inside.

Sorry for impatience.

Clean Build does nothing because maybe:

Right clicked all files in red and none showed in Finder. So, I need to re-drag all stickers and icons into Xcode. No problem. But I can't because under Identity it says Choose info.plist File > click, then only name of app with Xcode icon appears (as in screenshot 2 above). Also no record of version and build in Identity, which I guess is in the info.plist file. that Xcode can't find or no longer exists (scrrenshot 1 above).

What is Identity ?

The verified link to screenshots is working above. Screenshot 1. Big white rectangular squares in the middle. First big white rectangular square. "Identity." In the left upper corner.

Can you select an info.plist ?

Otherwise, you have a mess in your files somewhere, and the best is probably to recreate the project.

Can easily recreate, but how do I make iTunes Connect read it as the same app with a new build? Otherwise previious buyers will not get the update.