Got AVPlayerItemFailedToPlayToEndTime notication with NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-12971

Hello everybody,

When the AVPlayer preparing to play, it got a notification - AVPlayerItemFailedToPlayToEndTime.

I pulled out the detail and found AVPlayer failed to prepare with Underlying error code NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-12971.

Not sure what does it mean? I do some research, it looks like related to Network corrupted.

Does anybody face up this issue?

<AVPlayerItemAccessLog: 0x1c420c5b0>\n#Version: 1.0\n#Software: AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.15F79 (iPad; U; CPU OS 11_4 like Mac OS X; en_us)\n#Date: 2018/06/28 14:32:08.008, NSUnderlyingError=0x1c564d0e0 {Error Domain=AVFoundationErrorDomain Code=-11800 "The operation could not be completed" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=An unknown error occurred (-12971), NSLocalizedDescription=The operation could not be completed, NSUnderlyingError=0x1c5657dc0 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-12971 "(null)"}}}, AVPlayerItemStatusFailed < {\n NSUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=AVFoundationErrorDomain Code=-11800 \"The operation could not be completed\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=An unknown error occurred (-12971), NSLocalizedDescription=The operation could not be completed, NSUnderlyingError=0x1c5657dc0 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-12971 \"(null)\"}}"

I catch this issue a lot in my app (iOS & tvOS), a few thousand reported in a few weeks.

If you have any idea about the issue and how to handle and reduce it, please help.

Thanks & best regards.

Replies

Any luck? I"m seeing something similar ...

I think the NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-12971 come from the OS layer, but somehow Apple did not handle them properly or it was not able to handle them.

I have no idea what the code means, at least Apple should document it but it didn't.