IOS 12 beta 2 Crashing and App Store issues.

Posting a couple of issues I have seen incase others have been seeing them and have any feedback about them.

Beta 2 seems to crash a lot.. and I mean a lot, and its appears to be random.

examples:

• Crashes randomly when simply unlocking my phone with touch ID.
  • Crashes randomly when playing games.
  • Crashes randomly when watching Netflix.
  • Crashes randomly when simply opening any app for the first time. I have yet to open any app where it hasn't crashed randomly at least once.

I can't replicate the steps to get it to crash by going through any specific steps. Its just random.

It kind of leads me to think its a memory leak of sorts. But haven't gone through logs yet to confirm this.

The second issues is the App store seems to have issues connecting, though my connection is fine through any other app. Either on my WiFi, 3rd party WiFi on a different network, or Cellular data. It will time out and say it can't connect, or is extremely slow. Devices not on IOS 12 have no issue connecting installing or updating apps, on the same networks.

I plan on going through some logs later, to see what I can find out, but Beta two has been an extremely annoying, and frustrating beta.

**Note, I have been experiencing the Touch ID haptic feedback when unlocking the device as well..just thought I would put that out there. 😀 **

Replies

Should note this is on a iPhone 8 Plus.

Welcome to the Beta!

Someone talked about Dark Sky potentially being a problem and I removed it temporarily and the phone has not randomly resprung, but one of my 3rd party calendars kind of locked up temporarily.

Previous to removing Dark Sky the phone was randomly respringing multiple times an hour. But removing dark sky could be a placebo.

I have the same problem as you with the connection to the App Store.
I can't connect with any of two devices (iPhone 5s and iPad mini 4) running iOS 12 beta 2. Wifi or 4G it is the same.
My password is OK, my account is OK.
I can even access, manage and update the apps with iMazing.
But can't access directly the App Store on the devices themselve.

iPhone X and iPad Pro crash very often, it comes the black screen with the gear.

A complete restart should not make the system, because the Apple logo is not displayed.

The crashes are common in Safari, screen time and various apps.

When X synonymous with the wipe and close the apps.

Is there a crash report in the system?

Regarding the problem of access to the App Store and to TestFlight, everything came back to normal state today, after many days of impossibility to connect.

Shoud I say bump!

Ive got exactly the same problem with my iPhone X. Random and very frequent crashing / respringing of springboard - black screen and spinning cog for about 1 minute or so.

I did notice that all background activity stops while its "respringing" ie music stops playing, connection to bluetooth is disconnected, phone calls are cut off, anything you were typing at the time, like replying to a post in facebook is also erased.

For me, the phone would respring a lot while interacting with the digitizer, but I have now noticed even with the phone on charge and not touching it at all, resprings / crashing happens

At least Im not the only one having this problem, so lets hope its fixed in the next beta..

On the App Store, I have had the same problem connecting. A simple restart solves the problem. I have had to do this several times. Hopefully it will be fixed in beta 3

I've seen less crashes but the app store and other apps are "freezing" on various screens with no UI update. As near as I have been able to determine this is happening during network operations where I suspect a main thread block is occuring as a network operation fails out. Aborting the app as well as going into airplane mode and back to reset the netwrk connections have frequently reenabled all of the apps and the app store.

Every since removing Dark Sky, I have had minimal problems. Just an FYI.

Same here. On Iphone 8 Plus and Ipad Pro. Crashes with black screen and gear. Seems to be on anything network related such as News and Safari. Very random. Did happen this morning when taking a photo. Photo saved. Hopefully, it does not do this on my long run later today. After reading above comments, I have removed my Dark Sky app.

Still have the problem with the sporadic crashes. The beta 3 brought no improvement. I have not installed any Dark Sky app, as I come from Austria I do not know this app. Are there any other apps that is similar to Dark Sky and also makes the same problems.