Mojave Quicktime buggy (messages, iTunes...)

Hey,

looks like in Mojave Beta 2 QT is buggy, or something connected to movies. Everything containing a movie (be it Quicktime, messages where movies are included, emails with movies attached) crashes or does not start. Took me a while to figure it out. So, if you got problems with messages not starting, think whether there's a movie somewhere in there.

s.

Accepted Reply

I am seeing this happen on the public beta as well especially when external displays are connected. I ended up taking off my external devices and leaving only power and USB drives and quicktime started working normally again .

Symptoms :

• Quicktime refusing to launch with iOS created videos
  • Quicktime related components causing messages or even Photos to freeze

Replies

Is there a solution other than deleting all your messages?

I am seeing this happen on the public beta as well especially when external displays are connected. I ended up taking off my external devices and leaving only power and USB drives and quicktime started working normally again .

Symptoms :

• Quicktime refusing to launch with iOS created videos
  • Quicktime related components causing messages or even Photos to freeze

Confirming this. The problem seems to be with external displays only, although weven without initialization is painfully slow.

Actualizar mi iphone 4s

Have you sent this in a Bug Report? Would love to send system files to back that up as well.

Appears to be fixed in the latest Mojave pub Beta Build (18A336e)