Default annotations are not tappable

I am using MKMapView with default annotation. I would like to show map view and show use with all annotations. And when user taps on them, then they should behave same as in default map app. Basically, I would like to give same feature as in map app in my iOS app map view.

Accepted Reply

Ah, I understand the question now. Selecting a system provided point of interest is not possible. Please file an enhancement request via our Bug Reporter.

Depending on your use case, if you only want to show certain points of interest, like a type of restaraunt, you can use MKLocalSearch to query for those locations in a specific map region, and add the results to the map as your own annotations.

Replies

The MapKit Annotations sample code shows how to make the annotations selectable and apply both standard and custom callouts when tapping on the annotation.

This is for the Custom Annotations. This I can think of if I am downloading the places information from some third party API and adding annotation for each place by my self.

My requirement is to deal with the default places on the map view. So, I am loading MKMapView with "showsPointsOfInterest = true" which loads map view with user location and surrounded region with default places. The challen ge I have is when I tap on one of the place, there is not callout OR visual effect of selction of the place. I want to just allow user to select these places around and get more info.

Ah, I understand the question now. Selecting a system provided point of interest is not possible. Please file an enhancement request via our Bug Reporter.

Depending on your use case, if you only want to show certain points of interest, like a type of restaraunt, you can use MKLocalSearch to query for those locations in a specific map region, and add the results to the map as your own annotations.

Thank You!

Logged the feature request # 41304921