The Archive "Xcode_10_Beta.xip" is damaged and can't be expanded.

So after waiting the four long hours of downloading Xcode 10, this popped up. I tried downloading it again, and again in incognito, but no matter how I download Xcode I still get this. I also have no other Macs to put Xcode onto, and I also tried using iZip which didn't work ethier. After looking at other forums they said to go to settings-privacy and scurity-allow apps from: - anywhere. However this method did not work. I updated my mac, restarted it, and I'm still stuck. The reason I need to get Xcode 10 is beacuse I have IOS 12 and it won't work with Xcode 9. I have a Mac Mini 2012, with a Core i5 and has done me good for the last 2 years.

Do I need to update to Mac os Mojave? Or keep reinstalling it untill it works?

Thanks in adavace, a keen, annoyed devloper.

Replies

To install XCode 10, you need at least macOS 10.13.4

I've been having this exact same problem, no matter what version of Xcode I've tried to open, up to 10.1 which is the newest version that will work with 10.13.6. I've tried changing security prefs to 'Anywhere,' multiple downloads, command line, moving the .xip file to several locations and nothing at all works. If I had more hair I'd be tearing it out.

Does ANYONE know what to try?

Try opening the .xip file without double-clicking, but, using the right-click to get the pop-up menu. Try "Open With..." and see what archive utility you are trying to use. There should be an "Archive Utility" entry in the list (it's included as part of Safari, as best as I can guess). That has worked well with me. My default unarchive tool, UnArchiver, has an issue with large .xib files.