How to Extract Text Track From MOV?

I have a bunch of old QuickTime movies from around 2004. They used the Sorenson codec and each includes a text track that was used for closed captions. I've converted all the movies to MP4, but realized that the text track disappeared. The conversion rendered the text track into the video track, which means I can no longer turn it on or off (it's low res and blocks the lower third).

I see that HTML5 supports closed captioning, but the text track must be a separate file with the text and timing info. So it looks like what I need to do is extract the text tracks from the original movies and convert them into something I can use in a browser and control via HTML5. Is there any way to get the text track data out of a QuickTime movie? Any tools or is this something that might be scriptable (I converted the movies using AppleScript and QuickTime Player 7)?

I just learned I can extract the text track in QT Player 7. Does that mean it's scriptable? I don't really know AppleScript. The problem though is that it's JUST the text, there's no time info. It must be there somewhere, since it shows the text at the correct time when playing.