App submission without iPhoneX support

On February 15th, I received an email from Apple saying that

"Starting April 2018, all new iOS apps submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 11 SDK, included in Xcode 9 or later. All new apps for iPhone, including universal apps, must support the Super Retina display of iPhone X."

But according to https://developer.apple.com/ios/submit/

"Starting July 2018, all new iOS apps and updates submitted to the App Store must be built with the iOS 11 SDK. All new iOS apps and updates for iPhone, including universal apps, must support the Super Retina display of iPhone X."

Did Apple move the cut-off date from April'18 to July'18? If so, can we update the app without iPhone X Super Retina display support?

Did any submit the app using old Xcode(Xcode 8,Xcode7) without iPhoneX support after April?

Replies

The key phrase there is “and updates”. Those two statements are not inconsistent. The first date was for new apps only; the second is for both new apps and updates. I haven’t done so personally but I believe it should still be possible right now to submit an update that’s deliberately crippled with no iPhone X support 🙂

Discussed in thisprevious thread last month.