CFBundleIdentifier Collision

I am trying to submit a new App to the Mac AppStore. In App Store Connect, I create a new and enter the app's bundle identifier in the proper field. Then when I use Xcode to submit the application I get the following error codes:

ERROR ITMS-90511: "CFBundleIdentifier Collision. The Info.plist CFBundleIdentifier value '$(PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER)' of 'Mad Octahedron.app/Contents/Resources/MadOctahedron' is already in use by another application."

An unknown error occurred.

ERROR ITMS-90277: "Invalid Bundle Identifier. The application bundle contains a tool or framework $(PRODUCT_NAME) [com.Ambraw.MadOctahedron.pkg/Payload/Mad Octahedron.app/Contents/Resources/MadOctahedron] using the bundle identifier '$(PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER)', which is not a valid bundle identifier."

ERROR ITMS-90261: "Bad CFBundleExecutable. Cannot find executable file that matches the value of CFBundleExecutable in the nested bundle $(PRODUCT_NAME) [com.Ambraw.MadOctahedron.pkg/Payload/Mad Octahedron.app/Contents/Resources/MadOctahedron] property list file."

I've tried changing the identifier and resubmitting but get the same errors. Would anyone have any ideas?

Replies

I found the problem. I had mistakenly added a folder reference to my xCode project which resulted in the info.plist being copied into the resources folder of the app. After deleting the folder reference the problem went away

• I have the same problem for 2 months and I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy and I have stopped the project for 2 months and I can't find a solution. All the ones I have done have not worked for me. Please, can you explain me better, since I am a novice, how to do what you indicate... if you did it with screens much better. Thank you very much from Spain.

Add a Comment

This helped, thank you. My info.plist was assigned a target. Once I unchecked the target association, it worked.

• I have the same problem for 2 months and I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy and I have stopped the project for 2 months and I can't find a solution. All the ones I have done have not worked for me. Please, can you explain me better, since I am a novice, how to do what you indicate... if you did it with screens much better. Thank you very much from Spain.

• What does this mean "My info.plist was assigned a target"

• What fixed it for me was inside the info.plist files in each target (iOS and Watch) the selected groups were NOT automatically selected.

I had to go directly into my info.plist under my iOS project directory and select the Target Membership as the iOS target

and then went to my info.plist under my Watch App project directory and select the Target Membership as the Watch target

I assume I got this issue because I set up my watch app target after the initial build so the files didn't target.

Add a Comment

I had the same issue. Thank you 🙂

Add a Comment

I have the same problem for 2 months and I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy and I have stopped the project for 2 months and I can't find a solution. All the ones I have done have not worked for me. Please, can you explain me better, since I am a novice, how to do what you indicate... if you did it with screens much better. Thank you very much from Spain.

• Did you ever solve the issue? If the bundle identifier and the CFBundleIdentifier key in the Info.plist file are set to different values, it could cause a conflict with the signing and provisioning process. This could cause the app to fail to install on the device.

• To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend checking the signing and provisioning settings for your app to ensure that they are correct. You can also try re-signing the app and installing it again to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, it may be helpful to check the logs on the device or in Xcode to see if there is any additional information about the cause of the problem.

Add a Comment