iOS Team Provisioning Profile: com.***.***" doesn't support the $(TeamIdentifierPrefix)* Pass Type ID.

After updating to Xcode 10, I can't build my app onto the physical iPhone 7s (iOS 11.4) that had always been used due to the error info -- iOS Team Provisioning Profile: com.***.***" doesn't support the $(TeamIdentifierPrefix)* Pass Type ID.

Any help to resolve it would be appreciated.

Replies

This appears to be an Xcode 10 beta issue. If you haven't, please file a bug report against bugreport.apple.com.

To work around this, go to your entitlements file (YourProductName.entitlements), find the key "com.apple.developer.pass-type-identifiers" ("Pass Type IDs" if you're looking at it in the default view) & modify the value where $(TeamIdentifierPrefix)* is to "<YOUR-TEAM_ID>.*". This will allow for Xcode 10 to not create an invalid provisioning profile in the portal. I would advise against saving that to your SCM as the TeamIdentifierPrefix should be addressed by Apple before GM if you put in a Bug Report about it.

Thanks abot, I will try your suggestion later. For keeping up with progress, I have disabled the Wallet feature and rebuilt the provisioning file to get rid of the issue.

Starting 11 months ago, I'm new to iOS development and Xcode IDE but this could have already been the second bug report. Is it normal or I'm not a lucky one?

This is perfectly normal, sadly

I typically file 5 to 10 bug reports a year.

And note that there have been more than 40 million reports filed so far !

But many are duplicate, which increases artifically the figure.

We may question why so many :

- the overall softawre is awfully large and complex ; impossible to test taking into account all conditions

- and it evolves very rapidly, introducing regressions

- we may (as developers) use API in a way that may not work in some conditions (think of thread safety for instance)

- doc is not perfect ⚠, leading to bug reports that are in fact misunderstandings