Mojave beta refuses to install: "This volume is not a supported Core Storage configuration."

I have an iMac 2013 running High Sierra with a fusion drive. The fusion drived used to be an internal SSD and hard drive combo, but when the hard drive failed, I replaced it with a 2TB SSD. So it's the original SSD fused with a new SATA SSD. Since High Sierra doesn't support APFS on fusion drives, this drive is formatted as MacOS Extended (Journaled)

When I try to install Mojave, the following steps proceed ok:

- Download the small macOS Developer Beta Access Utility

- Run the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility which loads a Mac App Store like app

- Download 10.14 beta in the Mac App Store

- Click to Install

- Agree to license

- Select destination for install

Things fail as as I click Install on that screen, once I authenticate myself: "This volume is not a supported Core Storage configuration."

Replies

I share same experience with my 3. Party "OWC Aura SSD". I sent this in as a Bug Report. Reply from 'Apple Developer Relation':

"Not a bug."

"If you still have an issue installing after the GM release, please file a new bug report."

Seems we both are excluded from beta-testing.

I wonder what your Mac caused your Fusion Drive to **** up.

In my case, it was a infinite loop with the Installer for macOS high Sierra beta 3!

Same situation here. Using a OWC Aura SSD.

All the macOS High Sierra beta updates installed no problem.

Now at High Sierra version 10.13.6.

If this “”This Volume is not a supported Core Storage configuration”” is not a bug, then what is it?

Used to be with Apple...everything works

I haven't attempted to install more recent Mojave betas on a Fusion drive -- so I'm not sure if this is still a problem or not ...

I understood that Mojave required APFS. However that is not explicit in the Release Notes. I might be wrong.
However, using a Mac Pro 5,1 requires update to 10.13.6. The likely reason for that is that the firmware update for that enabled APFS support in the EFI. There have been additional updates during the Mojave beta, which makes me believe that APFS is mandatory.

Same error on official Mojave release.

See this Macrumors thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-mojave-wont-install-not-supported-core-storage.2142491/