5 Replies
      Latest reply on Jun 19, 2018 10:34 AM by cmaier
      microdoc Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

When can we expect the next beta release?

• Re: iOS 12 beta
          dtoub Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

best guess: tuesday.

macdoc Level 2 Level 2 (75 points)

After WWDC, new Versions comes last Year after 4 Weeks... and the first ones in monthly steps....

we have to wait...

xplora Level 2 Level 2 (30 points)

I’ve said this several times over the last few years, so here it is again, since someone is asking...

The observed timeline Apple tend to follow is roughly 2 weeks between developer/public beta OS releases, the exceptions are as follows:

• WWDC - 3 weeks (last year 4 weeks) after initial announcement/release day tends to be when beta 2 comes out
              • Emergency bug fixes can cause both early releases, and delays, which also often cause different OS’s to become out of sync
              • US Public holidays do have an effect, especially when they fall on an expected release day
              • Nearing official release often causes weekly beta releases

WWDC often causes the extra week(s) because all of Apple’s developers are at WWDC. An obvious statement yes, but until this year I often saw complaints or arguments about when the next beta was going to come out in previous years, while this year, this is the first thread I have come across that even asks the question.

cmaier Level 2 Level 2 (20 points)

Told ya