App request not going to my server

Hello,

I have some users on testflight using my app but some users are having problems signing up an account on my app. They have successfully been able to download the mobile app using Testflight. When they enter the app, they must signup by adding their Name, Email and Password, and selecting the checkbox as consent that they agree to terms and privacy policy. However, when they click signup, there is a waiting/loading sign that keeps rotating which means upon their click, the request from the app to the server does not initiate.

One of my friend was having this issue too, so he signed up using one of my test devices and it worked instantly. - he used the same email, name and password as he was trying on this own device (Iphone 6) I have no idea why it did not work on his own device.

Could it be that the code itself may be ok and there is a problem on the server end? I have spoken with my server company (1 and 1) and the server seems to be fine. Some of my users have tried to signup several times - using wifi as well as 4G, and also at different locations with good network connectivity. I don't know how to assess if there is anything else wrong with my server such as ports or firewall settings. My devs have had a look at the server too and are saying that no further ports need to be opened for the app to communicate to the server. Can anyone please advise and help? Thank you very much in advance.

Thank you,

Abhishek

Replies

It would be helpful if you showed the code that initiates the network request. You may also want to see if the devices with problems have anything in common (connection speed, location, device type, etc.).

Thanks @TheCD,

I have checked and the devices don't really have much in common. One of the user reported the issue on Iphone 6 with iOS 11.3, and the other on Iphone 7 with iOS 11.4. On testing from our end, this works fine with v11.3.

We have done quite a lot of tests to ensure it is not something related to the network, as the users have tried multiple wifi connections at different locations, as well as mobile 3G/4G. Infact, I have tried to use the app with the same wifi connection as my friend and it works, so I am not really sure it relates to the network. A really nasty bug as we can't replicate it! The devs have put some logs to see if they can crack it. Are there any specific logs that you could suggest or anything else we could try?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Do ALL users experience the problem, or are some users succeeding to login ?

Did you try to login yourself ?

As TheCD asked, showing the code that initiates the request would make it easier to help you.

Do you connect in http or https ?