using apple id with beta. Can it mess things up?

My question is I have 2 apple id's one for itunes and one for everything else. (email, calendars etc) if I use my apple id which is used for my emails. If there a chance that this could roger things up?

I had this issue before when trying the beta with High sierra when it was first realeased to developers. I feel like I have had my fingers burnt before.

Welcome peoples thoughts.

Accepted Reply

It can mess up quite a bit if there are bugs - I would not use an Apple ID that contains valuable information (like family pictures etc) in an early beta release.

Replies

I'm a bit confused. Why do you have or need two Apple IDs?

It can mess up quite a bit if there are bugs - I would not use an Apple ID that contains valuable information (like family pictures etc) in an early beta release.

I second this. If something affects the way it interacts with your iCloud Storage, you risk losing data.

That’s what I thought. I have used an old Apple ID which I will use for testing. I can transfer files to the old Apple ID. As the orginals will be untouched.

I have two Apple IDs for good reason.

• One is my daily use ID for Mail, Calendar, Contacts, App Store, iTunes, and, probably, others.
  • The second Apple ID is my Developer ID, clearly separate from my daily use ID.

Most people that have an iCloud account that dates back to MobileMe or .mac, also have a second probably older Apple ID they use for purchasing content/apps in the various app/iTunes/iBooks stores, because MobileMe and .mac created an additional Apple ID instead of letting you use an existing Apple ID.

Apple IDs cost nothing. Best to create throw-aways in these examples.