Any App Notarization success?

Has anyone had success with App Notraization? In the "Your Apps and the Future of macOS Security" WWDC session video, Garrett Jacobson noted that the service is up and running and that they were targeting a one hour turnaround.

I've run up against "signature to large to embed" when using the Xcode Organizer method, so I've done my own code signing and used the command line utility to submit.

I submitted at 9am Pacific on June 11th, and it's now 3:12pm Pacific (6+ hours later), and I'm still getting a status of "in progress".

For the folks at Apple, the RequestUUID is: 94ab34ae-435b-4dc7-8baf-7296e26ac567

Should I go ahead and file a RADAR on the process taking longer than one might expect, or what's the best way to address this?

Thanks!

==> Greg

Replies

I notarized several apps last week while at wwdc. One of our production apps took 30 minutes or so to be validated. A trivial testing app only took 3 minutes to get back.

You will I’ll get a push notification and an email when it is ready. Then the status changes in Xcode and an export button appears for that build.

Thanks. I'm at 23+ hours and "in progress," so I've gone ahead and filed:

rdar://problem/41047829

It's September and I'm not having much success. I submitted my app 17+ hours ago and it's still "in progress"

I'll also note that the command-line syntax has changed since the WWDC video.

This is still not working and we're past GM. Seeing the error "Failed to staple ticket to "<your app name>" because no ticket was found." when checking status in Organizer. This is day 3 after submitted 2 builds which I got an approval notification for but still can't get Xcode to recognize the approval and allow exporting a stapled app. Does this work for anybody lately?

This is happening to me, with the 'release' version - 10.0 (10A255). I upload my app for notarization. It all goes smoothly, and I receive an e-mail saying that the app was successfully notarized and I can now export it. But back in XCode it still says 'Processing', the Export button is greyed out, and if I click the 'Show Status Log' button, I get that 'Failed to staple ticket to <app> because no ticketwas found' error.

And now beta is over, Mojave is public, and this is still not working. Same error.

"Failed to staple ticket to "<your app name>" because no ticket was found."

Is this working for anyone? Note it also fails with the latest Xcode 10.1 beta.

It's working for me. Notarization submissions are now finishing within 2 hours (was taking 24+ a few weeks ago), and I've successfully stapled two disk images.

That sounds like an issue on macOS 10.13.6 with a stale cache that some developers may have hit. Workarounds are here:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/security/notarizing_your_app_before_distribution/resolving_common_notarization_issues?language=objc