Debugging Siri Shortcut on simulator

Is this possible? I haven't come across documentation regarding this. I did get it working on device, and even got it where I could set a custom phrase and response and it would return my static string that I had set. Make some changes to get a dynamic response and now it Siri keeps going "Sorry, there was a problem with the app". I even stashed my changes, clean build, and everything, yet still get the same sorry message. Just wondering how I can even debug this...

Replies

I talked to one Apple engineer at WWDC and he said it won't work on the simulator. At least for now.

Regarding the "Sorry there was a problem with the app" message, I am getting the same error even with the soupchef app example from Apple.

Apparently there is some issue going on as other developers the same issue: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/103656

Xcode 10 beta2 can Debugging Siri Shortcut on simulator。

Simulator support is available in Xcode 10 beta 2. This change is noted in the release notes available with the download.

Hi,

I just installed Xcode 11 and integrated Siri payments intent to my app. But when I start running the app in iOS 13 simulator its not even identifing my application.

Issue is coming after I updated to Xcode 11 only, earlier it use to work fine.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Madhu

So far, for Xcode 11 and after. The best way to test Shortcuts is using:
  1. for Xcode 11.x with macOS 10.15.x, downloading in Xcode with 11.3 simulators. This is the best choice.

2. for Xcode 12 betas with macOS 11 betas, just use the latest simulator with Xcode 12. This is the second choice, as some APIs don't work in localization, but works in English. The issue also exists in iOS 14 betas real devices.(My bug issue id: FB8550556, Siri doesn't use Localized String in some API. "INIntentResolutionResult.success((with resolvedString: String) -> Self".)

Others:
simulator 11.3 doesn't work in macOS 11, either with Xcode 11 or Xcode 12.