Shortcuts: "There was a problem with the app"

I'm playing with Shortcuts.

Siri is telling me "There was a problem with the app" whenever I call the completion handler with a success message. My failure states work.

I backed out my custom code and literally just returning static strings in my completion and I'm still getting the error. I'm not really sure how to debug this or where it's going wrong... I'm sending a correctly formed intent response.

??

Replies

I had a Siri Suggestion working last Friday in the WWDC labs, but now I'm seeing the exact same behavior. It calls the completion method but never calls handle, and I get the same message.

Also I can't open Settings -> Siri and Search; it just crashes.

I think I'm just going to wait for the next beta.

Siri Shortcuts were working up until Friday morning. Something broke around lunchtime/early afternoon - sadly didn't figure that out until just before the labs shut (was convinced it was me). Even the Chef app stopped working.

I also managed to totally break shortcut adding on my device - I deleted the app without deleting the shortcut first which caused something odd to happen in that I could record a new shortcut phrase but it then hung just after recognising it.

That magically started working again this morning - the old shortcut suddenly appeared and I was able to delete it and all is good again - success codes still cause the error though!

Radars raised!

I have started seeing Siri message "There was a problem with the app" with my app from past week on calling completion handler with failure response. It was supposed to give my custom failure message. Anybody faced it, looking for help. Thanks!!

Note: Success response is working as expected.

Just want to chime in and say that I suddenly started experiencing the same issue. This previously worked for me but no longer does. Changing the response type to "Success" results in the correct response being spoken, but all of my failure responses just don't work.

Reported bug to apple https://bugreport.apple.com/web/?problemID=46960451

They responded saying "its duplicate of https://bugreport.apple.com/web/?problemID=46233121"

Also want to chime in. Spent the last couple of weeks trying to get Siri Shortcuts into my app. The language resourcing has been a nightmare, and this thing has driven me crazy. So happy to see that it seems to be a bug.

All my responses that don't have the "success" checkbox get the canned "problem with the app".

If i create a custom response type and mark it as success, it will say my text. However, Siri will of course prefix my text with an annoying "done", or "OK"... Really wish i could get rid of that.

I guess i'll report a bug too.

Having that thing where you go searching for an answer to a problem you have and the top result is a thread you started...

I'm still seeing this issue, where calling a success completion handler just shows "There was a problem." in the Siri UI. Anyone figured out why?

My errors work but none of the success entries.

I am seeing this on my new Shortcut, did anyone ever come up with an answer on how you debug this.
There's a new video about debugging, including some tips for tracking down this exact error:
https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2020/10074/
My app was crashing because I forgot to enable App Groups capability in my intents extension.

Make sure you select your intent target when you run, and not your app target. This can surface the error in Xcode.

(My issue was too much RAM usage.)