I must say something about the Stay Positive - Introducing Create ML -WWDC 2018

https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2018/703/

Yesteday I saw this video <Introducing Create ML> from the WWDC app on my ipad.

I was so worried...and today I made a decision to say something to apple‘s Machine Learnning Team.

I love every thing made by apple,expecially the new things just like the ML. I do admire you guys who working on it, you are so bright and full of enthusiasm. I am so appreciate it. But there is one thing that worried me so much.

It is about the Stay Positive Demo in the video.

This demo shows that apple‘s new ML could distinguish the comment from people if it is a positive comment or a negative comment, A postive comment could be published by click the post button. But if it is a negative comment, the post butten would be disabled. It makes you can not pubilshed negative comment. In the end of this demo, the speaker said this very exciting: Just imagine what our internet will look like whit this app running on everybody‘s phone!

I come to here to say what I imagined and I don't think the whole Internet will be better after that, On the contrary I think it could be a tragedy, a disaster, a beginning of a nightmare.

Do you remember the Pixar's 3D Cartoon Movie named <Inside Out> in 2015. This movie just told us a truth: a person not only need the positive character <Joy> but also need the negative character <Sadness> and all of that (Joy, Sadness, Fear, Disgust, and Anger ... All of that make a person whole. Sadness is nagative but it‘s exist must have it's reason. AnyOne who tring to remove the nagative part and just keep the positive part

from itself, it must be wrong. AnyTechnology tring to do the same thing to a person or to a group of person eg.The Internet. It is wrong too.

In the east, there is a old theory called Yin-Yang. Yin could represent all of negative things and Yang for the positive,both Yin and Yang made the world. Either of them is missing the world is breaking. Just like light and dark, people may say they didn't like dark-night and they like day-light. But remove all the dark, make a artificial sun to lighting all of the world. Our world will be better? No! Broken the nature, The consequences are very serious, Every thing die...

Negative is not bad, you may feel it is bad, but it is nature. If you feel it is bad ,find out what made it bad, fix that, do not forbid nature.

And after all, it is not just about ‘I like the traffic’ or ‘I hate the traffic’. It is a method, a way, a definition, a attitude, a low. Just imagine what our world will look like whth this technology running on everybody‘s phone and it is controled by someone? a bad guy? a evil group? And what is the definition of bad and evil? We even not have a invariably standard in this world. That's turely a tragedy, a disaster, a beginning of a nightmare. It happens somewhere in this world now, don't makes any more.

Machine Learning is a great technologh and could be a very powerful tool. Tools are tools, there are no good or bad on it self.

You guys are the great creater of this powerful tool so you can decide what it could do and what it could not. It's on you. And as always you have my trust. I believe in apple could do the right thing and not do the bad thing. And I know that many people just like me too.

Don't intervene nature. Do the good thing only. Stay hungry, stay foolish.That’s all.

------by a apple fan

Bad News: I got this ---The message contains invalid characters--- ( I will find out what caused it and make it get through )

Good News: The POST button below are still clickable now.⚠

Replies

OK,The invalid characters is some Chinese Characters that explain Yin-Yang theory. I deleted those and it posted.

Hi,

Just calm down, it was just a demo.

The sentiment analysis from text is one of the very basic implementation of ML in the domain of NLP (Natural Language Processing).

If you are going to make a demo on stage with NLP, then this is the most basic example/demo you'd do, that's why Apple has chosen that they're not interested in taking your free speech (hopefully).

Concerning the speaker's comment about "this app running on everyone's phone", in case English is not your first language, or you just missed it, then know that this was "sarcasm", it's a joke not meant to be taken seriously (actually it was meant to attract disagreement).

It's interesting to see people freak out every time there is a small technological advance.

While I understand that governments will ultimatly use that technology against people (like China and the upcoming Sesame Credit), it's better to have discussions at academic levels, NGOs and humanitarian associations, not to disagree with the technology, but to lay frameworks and guidelines to limit abuse from anyone, especially governments ... But anyway, it's not a discussion that has its place on Apple's "developers" forum I guess.

Concerning the speaker's comment about "this app running on everyone's phone", in case English is not your first language, or you just missed it, then know that this was "sarcasm", it's a joke not meant to be taken seriously (actually it was meant to attract disagreement).

"(actually it was meant to attract disagreement)"...Oh!...really!

So there is still a long way for me to learning "English". I think I shoud watch the Video again and again...to make sure I understand the "English".

Yes.English is not my first language. My first language is a worldwide difficult to understand by machine learning. Don't worry, I won't use it here. My English is basic and simple. But it doesn't mean that I would missed something important.

And I have a small technological advance for u too.

It is a academic discussion here.It is talking about the basic line that Machine Learning should keep for apple developers from any where in this world.Anywhere.

Did I mentioned any particular Country or Company? No,I didn't. But you did that in your comment. And I think Apple's "developers" forum is not the right place for talk about that. You'd better edit your comment. But if u insist not do that, it's fine. I think I don't have the right to make u do that here. As you see, the Add Reply button down bellow is still clickable now.

This struck me also, something off about the idea of an Internet where only Shiny Happy comments are allowed.