App being rejected for "2.1 Some menu items contained mixed localizations."

I have an that a reviewer keeps rejecting an application update (not a new application) using this as the reason. Each time they show a screenshot of the Application menu, where the automatic Apple added menu items ("Hide App", "Hide Other Apps" ) are in the reviewer's selected language and the items that I've added to the Application menu are in English.

Over the last two days, I've written to the reviewer twice and not once received a response. I explained that our application only supports English and that the items in English are ones that I've added to the menu, while the others are ones that Apple has automatically added. I sent the reviewer a screenshot of the application running on an English system and verified that English is the only language within the product, plus I even double checked "Localization native development region" key in the plist to make sure that's set to "en" or English.

I've read the App Store Review guidelines and it seems that the reviewer is either interpreting this as a bug with my application.

Am I missing something? Can I force the Apple auto added menu items to appear in English instead of their selected system language? Or should I apply for an appeal?

Replies

The solution ladies and gentlemen is to add an empty, yes empty "en.lproj" folder to the application.