applescript objective c applications still supported

Are Applescript Objective C applications not supported anymore in macOS 10.14 ?

I have several applications and most of them crashes under the macOS 10.14 Beta.

When this happens I see a repeating log in the console, refering to:

com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.ScriptMenuApp): Service only ran for 1 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 9 seconds.

So my first thaught is that it has something to do with Applescript code in it, however I do automate task in other applications using not use script menu items.

Any feedback very appriciated

Replies

I'm in the middle of building an ASOC app, and it seems to be working fine. In fact, compile errors are now flagged in xcode 10 at the actual line the error is at, not in a different panel entirely, which is a really nice addition.

the script menu doesn't have much to do with ASOC as I recall, unless that's where you're calling your app from.

Thank you for your response, so I have to dig deeper in my project code.

But your experience sounds optimistic.

Kind Regards,

I've been working on an AppleScript Obj-C application. It runs fine on my system. I was hoping to put it on the App Store. It seems that Sandboxing is a big problem. It's required for the App store, but my app doesn't function when Sandbox is included in the build. I understand the security issues that Apple is addressing, but it's a big disappointment for AppleScript Obj-C. AppleScript has always had lots of challenges that forced work arounds. It seems this is another big one.

It might just be that AppleScript, the redheaded stepchild is now the redheaded foster child!