Xcode 10 Bitbucket Integration Requirements

Hi,

What are the requirements for the Bitbucket Server integration?

Is there a minimum Version of the Bitbucket Server?

Are LDAP Bitbucket user supported?

When I try to login into my companies Bitbucket Server I'll get an Error message that my user account does not exist.

We are using LDAP for the authentication on the Bitbucket.

We are using our mail addresses as username, could the '@' cause some issues?

PS: It does not work weater I'll use my actual password nor a personal access token.

Best Regards

Timo

Replies

I'm having the same issue. I believe our Bitbucket Server is using Active Directory via LDAP... but everything is going through Bitbucket Server's API so that really shouldn't matter.

Our team was doing some research and found this could be a problem on the Atlassian side. Xcode fires off multiple requests at once, which should be ok, but that configuration of BitBucket Server might not be happy about it.

Hi,

The problem is with the REST API implementation of Bitbucket. We are using our Email Adresses as login names for BitBucket.

This actually seems to work. Xcode then tries to obtain the User Resource, which won't because there you need to replace the @ of the mail address with an underscore.

I created a Suggestion in Radar:

And a bug for the issue itself:

Xcode 10 Beta 3 adds support for Personal Access Tokens. However it does not work for me. If I use an @ within my account name I'll receive an unknown error. If I'll put anything else into the account field I'll get an error that states that the version can not be determined.

I'm able to query the version with postman using the access token though.