macOS Mojave dynamic wallpaper

Has anyone figured out how to use the dynamic wallpaper? I turned on the location services and it doesn't really seem to change at all...

Accepted Reply

It only works in light mode. Darkmode always shows the dark wallpaper

Replies

Same here stuck on night , maybe iit tinks i am in apple HQ we will see tonight

UK for ref

I turned on change picture and it changed to daytime, it's still on the dynamic wallpaper but i'm not sure if it's that all to it, i was expecting sth like a live wallpaper

Doesn't work for me either yet.

It only works in light mode. Darkmode always shows the dark wallpaper

This makes sense, I was spending ages trying to figure it out.

Clearly, they will fix this. If I pick a dynamic wallpaper, I want a dynamic wallpaper, regardless of mode. They are assuming the order of these operations.

apparently there are 16 different photos that change throughout the day, (https://imgur.com/a/8XI6jy0/layout/grid) and 4 look like they would be used for dark mode. Wouldn't mind having all 16 running depending on the time of day though...

I believe there are still about 3 of the 16 possible pictures in the dynamic wallpaper, that get used on dark mode.

New answer for Developer beta 3: Now it always shows daytime background when dark mode is activated.

This appears to be fixed in Beta 4. There is also a new dynamic desktop called "Solar Gradients". I have not tried this yet.

Confirmed this is now working in Beta 4, I used the upgrade path from Beta 3.

anyone else find a way to change the main login screen wallpaper these days? i want it the same as my user account.

Its activly ignoring my setting.