Using HOS APN for a connection

Hi,

I am working on an iOS App, which is connecting to an URL provided by the network operator. It is working fine, as long as the iPhone is connected via mobile data. If the iPhone is connected via WiFi, it cannot reach the same URL.

The network operator informed me, that I have to use the HOS APN (Home Operator Services) for the connection and hinted to me, that my app will need a special entitlement to do so. But I could not found any further hint in the documentation, nor in the forum.

Can anybody give me further information or someone to contact for this topic.

Thanks and Regards,

Emil Thies

Accepted Reply

hinted to me that my app will need a special entitlement to do so.

There is no public mechanism for getting such an entitlement. If that entitlement exists — and I’ve never heard of it but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything — it would only be granted to carriers and folks working with carriers. The only escalation path I can suggest here is via your carrier.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

WWDC runs Mon, 4 Jun through to Fri, 8 Jun. During that time all of DTS will be at the conference, helping folks out face-to-face.

Replies

hinted to me that my app will need a special entitlement to do so.

There is no public mechanism for getting such an entitlement. If that entitlement exists — and I’ve never heard of it but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything — it would only be granted to carriers and folks working with carriers. The only escalation path I can suggest here is via your carrier.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

WWDC runs Mon, 4 Jun through to Fri, 8 Jun. During that time all of DTS will be at the conference, helping folks out face-to-face.

Hi,

my operator told me, to submit a technical request to apple. I did this via a DTS (Apple Developer Techincal Support) issue.

The response is:

"... Thank you for contacting Apple Developer Technical Support (DTS). We provide code-level assistance to address specific issues you experience during your development process.

In reviewing your request, we found that you are inquiring about a carrier-specific issue. For answers to these types of questions, please contact your Apple Device Certification Team. ..."

I have not found a way how to contact the Apple Device Certificaton Team. Can someone here in the forum give me a hint, what to do?

Thanks and Regards,

Emil Thies

my operator told me, to submit a technical request to apple.

That’s not going to work. DTS is not involved in carrier-specific stuff like this. Your carrier should have contacts at Apple and the only way to escalate this is via those contacts.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”