app icon displayed on the device and the large icon displayed on the App Store do not sufficiently match

What does this mean in layman terms. I've been rejected from the store for this reason.

Guideline 2.3.8 - Performance - Accurate Metadata

We noticed the app icon displayed on the device and the large icon displayed on the App Store do not sufficiently match, which makes it difficult for users to find the app they just downloaded.

Specifically, the app icon displayed on the device is blank.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please update the smaller device icon to match the larger App Store icon. When users search for your app on their devices, they should be able to recognize it from the icon on the App Store.

Resources

Since the large app icon will be displayed for your app on the desktop App Store, we recommend you provide an attractive, original icon that meets the following requirements for both iPhone/iPod touch and iPad apps:

- 512px square (do not scale-up smaller artwork, as this could appear pixelated and blurry)

- 72ppi, RGB, flattened, no transparency

- High quality JPEG,TIFF, or PNG image file format. (ZIP-compressed TIFF files are not acceptable)

You can also preview image files before submitting them by clicking the filename to view them in a separate window. Note that the small icon that you include inside your app's binary will be used on the iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad Home screen when installed. For more on icon sizes, please review App Icons on iPad and iPhone.

For resources on creating eye-catching icons, you may want to review the App Store Product Page information available on the Apple developer portal.

I have changed all the icons but still, the app got rejected. I am using icons created from https://makeappicon.com site.

I have checked both icons are looking same. Why is app getting rejected?

Suggest me another website for app icon creator.

Please reply as soon as possible

Replies

The key statement is:

"Specifically, the app icon displayed on the device is blank."

Fix that.

Dear Pratik K / Apple,

My question is in anticipation of the same type of rejection.

Our app concerns domestic abuse.

We are implementing a number of measures to reduce

the chance that and abusing partner will find the app,

including procedures recommended for hiding App Store purchases and

hiding apps via Restrictions.

Nonetheless, we would still like the art for our app icon displayed on the device to differ

from that of the art displayed in the app store. The name will be the same of course.

What flexibility do we have in this circumstance?

Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,

WJM

I think you can have the two be different. Explain to App Review why the device icon differs from the App Store artwork. I'd include the device icon as an insert in the App Store artwork.

This thread does not seem to show in the Forum. I can only access it by tapping the link in my email.

Bill:

>What flexibility do we have in this circumstance?

Seen this previous thread?

We have an app designed to help victims of domestic violence escape their abuser... it's been denied because of the hidden feature. What can we do?

Also note that app review isn't here - devForums are basically dev/dev, so you'll mainly gain the opinions of that community here.

Good luck.

Ken