How to take user to Phone App

I have the following scenario:

Customer is on Phone Call

I push him a push notification to guide him/her to the feature

Once the flow is completed, i have a button to take the user back to the call in progress

So, i need to either bring the phone app in foreground again (i was hoping for a deep link) or somehow take the user to the current call in progress.

Please suggest how to accomplish this.

--

Regards,

Navdeep

https://navdeepmahajantechblogs.blogspot.com/

Accepted Reply

Answering for others, there is no way of taking the user to the phone dialer without entering a number i.e. if we use tel://<Number> then the number will actually be dialed. Just entering tel:// causes the messaging app to crash on iOS 11.3. If a call is already underway then the existing call will be put on hold and the new call will be dialed. So, we had to end up adding messaging for the customer to go back to call in progress by clicking the Green Bar at the top.

Replies

Answering for others, there is no way of taking the user to the phone dialer without entering a number i.e. if we use tel://<Number> then the number will actually be dialed. Just entering tel:// causes the messaging app to crash on iOS 11.3. If a call is already underway then the existing call will be put on hold and the new call will be dialed. So, we had to end up adding messaging for the customer to go back to call in progress by clicking the Green Bar at the top.