iMessage & iCloud Activation Not Working in Beta 5

I recently had my iPhone X replaced at the Apple Store due to a crack in the rear glass. Upon setting up and restoring from back up, my iMessage and FaceTime activation cease to work.

This affected my entire iCloud account. My iPad Pro 10.5" on public beta and Mac OS High Sierra (release) are unable to login into FaceTime or iMessage. The first error message I saw on the iPhone X is that iCloud and iMessage are not using the same account. I double checked the email address, capitalization, and chance that my iCloud could have a lock. After speaking with Apple Support, we determined that my iCloud is healthy and that emails are valid.

I tried signing out of iCloud on all devices and signing back in. I have wiped out the iPhone X, restored it, restored it from iTunes Backup, restored it as a New Device and the issue persists.

If you go to Settings -> Messages -> Tap on your phone number or menu item that states "Send & Receive". I see a button that shows, "Use your Apple ID for iMessage". Tapping on this gives me an activation error and to try again. Attempting to sign in to another email alias from Apple (email@icloud.com or email@me.com) yields the same results.

Anyone find a way to fix this yet or get around it?

I have also noticed my Apple Watch no longer unlocks my Mac automatically.

Replies

You can try to look into your iCloud-Account, maybe your "old" iPhone is still listed an connected to your Apple-ID.

You can delete it there in your settings.

after this, try to login again with your "new" ones.

@macdoc

Thanks for the suggestion. I received an update from Apple Support.

Update - The reason my iMessage and FaceTime are unavailable are due to a backend "throttle". Apparently, replying to a text message from someone I didn't know (to ask who they were) flagged my account and placed a throttle rendering my services useless across my device. I have waited 5 days per their request with no success. They are unable to manually override the throttle and cannot provide an ETA when I can use iMessage, FaceTime, or access my Cloud files. Very frustrating!

Really? Apple support told you that?

I have the same problem and its been nearlty a month and apple support still gathering diagnostics.

Its really annoying. I have 156 messages which I cannot read