Do I require a separate Certificate/Provisioning Profile for tvOS?

I'm developing a cross-platform iOS and tvOS app as two separate targets in an Xcode project. I can validate and upload the iOS app successfully via iTunesConnect, but I'm running into problems trying to upload the tvOS version of the app. The only Distribution certificates I can select when I choose "Manually manage signing" as part of the Validation process is an "iOS Distribution" certificate I created, and a "No Eligible Profiles" error message is returned when I try to download a profile.

When I go to "Certificates, Identifiers, and Profiles", all my certificates fall under the heading, "iOS Certificates". Does this mean I need to create a separate certificate for tvOS?

My brain is failing at this point! Any help would be much appreciated.

Accepted Reply

You need to create a related profile, not certificate...

From the docs:

"A new Apple TV-specific provisioning profile is required for Apple TV development and distribution, which is used with your existing iOS development and distribution signing identities. You create a new Apple TV provisioning profile the same way that you create an iOS provisioning profile, using Fix Issue in Xcode, or through the developer portal website. For information on capabilities supported by Apple TV, see Supported Capabilities."

Do you have an ATV4(4k) that has been connected for testing via Xcode wirelessly?

Which version Xcode?

Replies

Nope, that's not it. I was thrown off by the "iOS Certificates" heading in the sheet and something I came across on StackOverflow. Time for some further exploration ...

You need to create a related profile, not certificate...

From the docs:

"A new Apple TV-specific provisioning profile is required for Apple TV development and distribution, which is used with your existing iOS development and distribution signing identities. You create a new Apple TV provisioning profile the same way that you create an iOS provisioning profile, using Fix Issue in Xcode, or through the developer portal website. For information on capabilities supported by Apple TV, see Supported Capabilities."

Do you have an ATV4(4k) that has been connected for testing via Xcode wirelessly?

Which version Xcode?