No Simulators or Documentation anymore?

I've just updated Xcode to 9.3.1 on High Siera 10.13.4.

When I navigate to Xcode -> Preferences, then select the Components tab, I don't see any Simulators listed there. And there's also no Documentation.

I just fired up an old Mac OS 10.12 VM, where Xcode 8.2.1 is installed and I do see a list of Simulators and Documentation on the Components tab of Xcode -> Preferences.
Anyone else seeing this?Is this a bug in Xcode 9.3.1?

Replies

Moving from 8.2.1 to 9.3.1 may mean you need to check for/add sims, not via prefs, but by using the menu Window/Devices and Simulators/Simulators...check there now to see if they're already listed. If not, start adding via '+' as required.

As well, do you see any sims listed in the schemes pulldown next to the build/run icon along the top of the editor?

As for docs/help, be sure to wait while Xcode 9.3.1 finishes grabbing additional files off the backend, post-install.

Seeing the same thing. Spent a day re-installing Xcode, deleting caches, and no joy. Had to work around this issue by installing via command line. For those who are blocked, you can use cmd line to install, i.e.:

gem install xcode-install

xcversion simulators --install='iOS 10.3.1'

Hi,

I'm currently facing the same behaviour. Also tried reinstalling with no positive result.

Good to hear a bug report has been posted.

Thanks for that

It's working again in my case. All Simulators are viewable and downloadable

My bug report has been updated... I just checked the Xcode -> Preferences -> Components page and it appears the simulators are now visible once again.

Good info, thanks for the update.

Ken

What about quick documenation? Is that back?

It occur again in ver. 9.4.1.