How to change the state of IAP item from approved to waiting for review?

Lately, I submitted a new app version, and it was being rejected. The reason of the rejection is one or more of my in-app purchase products have not been submitted for review.

However, all IAP items of my app were already reviewed and approved when I submitted previous app version. So I think I have to change the state of IAP items from approved to waiting for review, then I can resubmit them again when I submit new app version. I attemped to make some changes to the IAP items, ex. modify the product description, but the state stayed approved.

Could anyone help me deal with that? Creating new IAP item is not an option because it will affect existing users.

Thanks.

Replies

>.....The reason of the rejection is one or more of my in-app purchase products have not been submitted for review.....However, all IAP items of my app were already reviewed and approved

If what you write above is correct then just appeal the rejection pointing out that all of your IAPs have been approved.

I already appealed for that, but still not working. They just replied that "the original rejection feedback is valid, please resubmit a brand new IAP batch with all available IAP items". That's it.

Are you sure that

"The reason of the rejection is one or more of my in-app purchase products have not been submitted for review." This sounds unusual since an app can have unsubmitted IAPs and still get approved.

Also:

"all IAP items of my app were already reviewed and approved". If this is the case then their rejection is incorrect on its face.

So I suspect that the reason for the rejection is not exactly what you wrote. Can you quote their rejection in its entirety?

Sure, here is the entire message:

From Apple

Guideline 2.1 - Performance - App Completeness

We are unable to complete the review of your app because one or more of your in-app purchase products have not been submitted for review.

Specifically, {My IAP Item Name} is still missing from the existing IAP batch.

It would be appropriate to resubmit a brand new IAP batch with all available IAP items.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please be sure to take action and submit your in-app purchases and upload a new binary in iTunes Connect. Learn more about how to offer in-app purchases in iTunes Connect Developer Help.

Once you've submitted your in-app purchases and uploaded a new binary, we can proceed with your review.

After I appealed:

We are writing to let you know the results of your appeal for your app, {My App Name}.The App Review Board evaluated your app and determined that the original rejection feedback is valid. Your app does not comply with App Store Review Guideline 2.1.When trying to reproduce the issue, please ensure you are running your app on a device with the most up-to-date version of iOS. Note that apps are reviewed in a production environment, not on a simulator.For other questions or to provide additional information about your app, please respond in Resolution Center in iTunes Connect, where a reviewer who is familiar with your app can assist you. We hope you will consider making the necessary changes to be in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines and will resubmit your revised binary.Best regards,IshApp Review Board

Note:

{My IAP Item Name} is in Chinese. It seems I cannot write Chinese here, the editor gave me a message "The message contains invalid characters.", and the IAP item has been approved for sure.

May I attach screenshots here? I can show you the IAP item state.

Appeal the rejection. Good luck!