App rejection - Design Copycats - Proving that the identity of app developer is same as the brand of the app

Our app has been rejected for the following reason -

"Guideline 4.1 - Design - Copycats

Your app or its metadata appears to contain potentially misleading content. Specifically, your app includes content that resembles XYZ without the necessary authorization.

Please demonstrate your relationship with any third-party brand owners represented in your app."

• Since the organization that operates this apple developer account also owns the brand and website of XYZ, please let me know what documentation/proof is needed to prove to Apple that the app actually belongs to us.
  • Also how/where must this information be posted to apple.

Thanks!

Replies

In my case, there was an email with information about the cooperation with the company:

Hello,

I, EmployeeName, representing BrandName, hereby confirm that we have collaborated with the developer, DeveloperName, to publish our app on Apple’s App Store.

Thank you

I have attached this email and Apple confirmed the app.

this also jsut happened to me too.
does this mean that we will each time need to get the app refused once, than demonstrate that we have the rights to publish it and wait again for approval? this sounds weird..

I reply to myself: the panel where you prepare apps for submissions in App Store Connect website has an attachment link at the bottom. I think you are supposed to attach the authorization document there.