Move to a new domain preserving Universal Links, Handoff, Web Markup

I have purchased a fancy new .app domain and now need to move my app's web content to this new domain. I have already successfully implemented Universal Links support, Handoff support, and Web Markup on the current domain. I have the apple-app-site-association file hosted at root and support deep links with the Smart App Banner. The app is live on the App Store that links up content in the app to web content via URL. All of this has been working well for a long while. Now I need to move to a new domain and I want to ensure I do this correctly and avoid messing it all up.

What exactly do I need to do?

I'm thinking:

1) Copy over all the web resources to the new domain - don't move it to ensure links from the existing app version continue to work - and change all the URLs to the new domain including the app-arguments for the smart banners

2) Copy over the apple-app-site-association file to the new domain and change the paths in applinks details

3) Test links at the new domain using the App Search API Validation Tool

4) Update all the links in the app to the new domain - NSUserActivity webpageURLs and associated domains (applinks and activitycontinuation)

5) In iTunes Connect, specify the new marketing URL to ensure Applebot will index the new domain

6) Release the app update

7) At some point in the future, delete the web content and apple-app-site-association at the old domain

Have I missed anything? Any tips or suggestions?

Will it be okay to leave the web files in place at the old domain or will that cause trouble? I wondered if I should configure redirects to point to the new domain but I figured that may not work anyways - I believe I read it doesn't follow any redirects.

Thanks!